Passionate art teacher who brings expertise in developing art curriculum and provides high quality instruction by incorporating three significant
tasks: responding to art, creating art, and making connection with other subject areas. I have more than nine years of professional experience. I continuously strive to prepare students for advanced levels of art. My lessons are age-appropriate and often reinforce
the academic subjects. One of my greatest strengths is meeting each student's unique needs by developing a personal understanding of each one of them.
- A highly effective
classroom-management style that creates an environment in which all students can learn.
- Developing lessons and activities in line with a school's curriculum objectives.
- Emerging technologies as instructional and
- Adept at using a variety of assessment techniques to evaluate teaching and learning.
- Knowledgeable about international Standards and curriculum such as IB, AERO, and IGCSE
- self-motivated and has
great respect and interest for different culture.
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Master's degree in Curricula& Teaching methods (February 2013).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (November 2007).
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts (March 2005).
Syrian Ministry of Education.
- Syrian High School Certificate- Literary Section (July 2000).
- "Teach English Now! Foundational Principles by Arizona State
University on Coursera. Certificate earned on February 21, 2017".
- "Art & Inquiry: Museum Teaching Strategies For Your Classroom by The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera. Certificate earned on December 17, 2016".
- “Fundamentals of
Graphic design by California Institute of the Arts on Coursera. Certificate earned on May 27, 2016’’.
- “Creating a Classroom Community by American Federation of Teachers. Certificate earned on April 05, 2016”.
Certificate by ICDL Foundation Certificate earned on February 13, 2016”.
- “Active Tutor Diploma by ILLAFTrain Certificate earned on April 11, 2015”.
- Navigation & research on internet by Agence
Universitaire de la Francophonie. . Certificate earned on March 19, 2009”.
Next Gen International School, Ongole, India. 2018- Present
- Develop an innovative art program with strong interdisciplinary connection, which integrated all subject areas.
- Train students in
art such as painting, drawing, sketching, designing, ceramic and sculpturing.
- Motivate students to learning an experience new art skills.
- Establish learning environments that met the intellectual, social, and
Creative needs of students.
- Teach the use of tools and art materials such as watercolors, oils, palettes, brushes, pencil, canvas and paper.
- Teach according to students’ educational needs and ability.
methods and procedures to students.
- Observe and evaluated students' work in order to determine student progress or make suggestions for improvement.
- Confer with student, parents, and counselor to resolve any of the students' problems.
- Organize exhibition of student art work.
New Orient Academy, Lebanon. 2016- 2018.
Summer camp of New Orient Academy: 2015.
- Engaged students
in art activities such as painting, drawing, sketching, designing, ceramic and sculpturing.
Schools of Syrian Ministry of education, Syria. 2006 - 2016
- Art Teacher:
February 2006 – Rajo school for middle and secondary level- Aleppo.
- Art Teacher: from October 2010 _March 2013 – AL Maqdisy school for elementary and middle level- Damascus.
- Art Teacher:
from April 2013_ September 2014_ Bassem Al Hamad School- school for elementary and middle level_ Swaida.
- Art Teacher: from October 2013_ September 2014_ Farouk Al Dahouk School- for middle and secondary level_
- Abou Fakhr, M. (2013)” Quality of art teacher preparation system in the light of national art education association standards (NAEA)”.Master Thesis. Damascus
- Abou Fakhr,M.(2012)."Six grade pupils' attitudes towards plastic art education in the
light of (ASAES) scale”. Universal research
journal. IPP University. Yemen.
- Abou Fakhr,M.(2013)." Art teachers' evaluation of quality of their professional
preparation in the light of national art education
association's professional standards".
Damascus University Journal For Educational and psychological Sciences. Vol. 29, No (1).
- PD online course:
Formative Assessment: Deepening Understanding, ASCD. (2016)
- Instructor: training art teachers for new sculpture skills (March 2012).
- Educational training workshop for new art education curriculum according to national standards (September
- Online member: Artsonia kids art museum (2014). USA. http://www.artsonia.com
- Online member:
National art education association, (2013) USA. http://www.arteducators.org
- Member: Syrian plastic artist's union. Al Sweida branch. (2007- Present).
- Member: National
teachers association. Damascus. Syria (2006- Present).
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Internet (Expert).
- Photoshop (Proficient).
- SPSS statistical program
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Bilingual (English/Arabic)
- Arabic language skills: (native speaker)
- English language skills: (fluent)
- French language skills: (fair)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
_ Curriculum development _ Students discipline
_ Authentic assessment
_ Technology integration _ TEFL
- Enjoy learning new crafts (stained glass, fabric arts, jewelry), reading widely
in the literature relevant to my occupation.
REFERENCES: available upon request.
Contact me: E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org